Monday, September 20, 2010

Evaluating Text!




Today, we practiced: 
 1.  Evaluating a piece of work (in this case, the incredibles movie)--Did you like it or not?
  2. Coming up with categories to talk about WHY you liked or didn't like the movie
   3.  Discovering words to use so we don't have to say "I think that"  or "I believe that" by realizing opinion words already convey that to the reader. Some of these words are "suprisingly" "Oddly"  "Interestingly"  "Amazing"  "Exciting"
                                                                        4.  How to put it all together using our structure  (hook--engaging opening;  P1--Main Idea which in this case is your opinion about the overall text, P2--Support--opinions about categories which say why you have the overall view  and 3 P3s -- with your opinion on how the details prove your support.


If you need to see the link again, here it is:

The Incredibles

7 comments:

Scott O said...

Mrs. Moore,
Thank you, I found out how to evaluate the test. Thank you!

Emily L said...

Mrs. Moore-

I tried to get on to the incredibles link and it said that it down and is being repaired by a group of highly trained monkeys. :) Em

Mrs. Moore said...

Hmmm. Not sure why the link said that. I just tried it and it worked. Try it again and see what happens. Let me know if it doesn't work this time!

Thanks, Emily

Emily L said...

It says internal error server 500 and then a team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to fix the problem if you see them show them this and then it is a bunch of numbers and letters all mixed up. It is ok I think I remember it from class. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right work. Thank you Em

Mrs. Moore said...

Try again, Emily. While the original link seems to work from here, I went ahead and deleted the original link, and tried another. Maybe this will work for you.
Mrs. M

Unknown said...

Mrs. Moore,

The link is not working for me either. My computer can't find out what type of file it is. Please help!

Catie

Scott O said...

Mrs.Moore,
(Sorry, I typed the first message wrong) Thank you, I found out how to evaluate the text. Thank you.
Ben