Sunday, February 13, 2011

Go Checkers!    Don't forget the game today if you bought tickets!  Will see you there!

8 comments:

Emily L said...

Mrs. Moore,
what do you mean by notes for one element? do you mean answers for one of the reserch questions? if that is the case, may i do one answer for three research questions instead?
thanks,
Emily

Mrs. Moore said...

Hi Emily!

One element=one component. You should have geographic features done through the draft plus all notes for one other component and the power plan and start the draft for that OR all notes for the remaining two components and a power plan for one of the two. Does that answer your question?

Emily L said...

Mrs. Moore,
Thank you. That answers my question. Formy torist attraction notes, one sources has the same information as the second, or doesn't include it at all. Can i just use one source?
thanks,
Emily

Rich said...

Mrs. Moore,

I can't understand your comments on Geographic Features.

From Rich

Mrs. Moore said...

Emily, if you have checked more than one source, you are fine.

Mrs. Moore said...

Rich, please clarify. I'm not sure which notes you reference--are these the hand written ones on your draft that I walked you through today? Tell me the section, and I can try to help you. What I recall was that you needed to shuffle your ideas around so that the focus remains, throughout the essay, on geographical features and you use the info on how they affect, are important as supporting ideas. So, section one may have geographic regions--locating them, describing them, and telling how or what is important that sets that region apart either by economics, resources, etc. Then a section on major waterways--locate, describe, tell how important. Finally, maybe describe climate and its importance, or one particularly unique geographic feature. Does this help??

Rich said...

Mrs Moore,

What I can't figure out is if I need to rewrite the whole document.

Mrs. Moore said...

Rich, hopefully NOT! Do you understand the organizational part I was trying to share with you? If so, you can just adjust what you have to fit that idea. Your topic for each paragraph should clearly focus on some aspect of geography or location. I suspect you can do this with adding a sentence or two and shuffling around your ideas a bit. I'm sorry this one has been hard for you! If you are really stuck, write your draft for second component tonight, and I can help you tomorrow in class to get you back on track. I don't want you to be too frustrated.